The cash for gold industry has seen a record-breaking growth in the past few years. Everyone seems to be on the hunt for the next gold item to buy, and people are just too happy to let go of their old jewelry for quick cash.
If there’s anything to blame for this sudden interest in scrap jewelry, it’s the price of gold itself, which now runs at $1,700 an ounce. But let’s pause for a while and take a really good look at who really gets the best deal here. Let’s do that by doing away with the glamour and glitz that come with the industry and focusing on the nitty-gritty of things.
Three Reputable Ways of Selling Your Jewelry
- You can sell your jewelry through online dealers, who are enjoying wide popularity these days. You only need to visit their website and you are in.
- You can also sell your jewelry to the traditional dealers, which are the brick-and-mortar pawnshops.
- Lastly, you can go straight to a refinery
Which of These Three Methods Are Best For You
- Online Dealers And BuyersThe system used by online dealers is what the Internet technology called “user-friendly.” All you need to do is visit their website, get the information posted on their pages, order a free gold mailing kit and then send them your jewelry. When they receive your jewelry, they will appraise the items for you and offer you a price. If you agree with the price, the deal is on. If you don’t, they will send you back your jewelry. The drawback here is the timeframe. The whole process takes three weeks to a month, not ideal if you want quick cash for gold.
- Local Jewelers And PawnshopsThis has been the method used for decades, long before the arrival of the Internet. Until now, there are still people who go to pawnshops for their jewerly. The reason is that local dealers are more familiar with the fair market value at present better than anybody else, including the online dealers. They are the ones in the middle of the jewelry industry and they assume responsibility of the jewelry items you bring in. They are the veterans, so to speak.
- RefineriesThis is the fastest cash for gold method available to you. This is doing away with all those middlemen and going straight to where the jewelry really go. That will save you a lot of time and money.
61-21 Springfield Blvd
Oakland Gardens, NY 11364
Toll Free: (866) 558-CASH
Fax: (516) 513-0270